Free LinkedIn certification
Showcase your achievement with certification linked to your personal LinkedIn account.
Get access to the Premium Content section of the Net Objectives portal including templates, discussion forums, and special articles.
This course assists team-level Scrum Masters and coaches using Scrum and/or Kanban to become great coaches and to facilitate the Lean-Agile approach that teams should be using: Skills, behaviors, understanding, continuous improvement, and collaboration skills.
There are 13 sections in the course, each focused on one aspect of coaching for Lean-Agile teams. Each section has a set of readings and videos that cover the topic. Then there is an assignment that helps students learn by doing and discussing what they have learned with other students in the course and with Net Objectives consultants.
For more information about the course, see the course description.
- Outcome-Based Thinking (Reading and Exercise)
- Definitions of Ready and Done
- Team DoR-DoD Template (Download and Exercise)
- MBI Mindset (Reading and Exercise)
- Mindsets of Business Agility (Discussion)
- Systems Thinking: A talk by Russ Ackoff (Video)
- Flow: The Three Oiled Wheel Demonstration (Video)
- The Art of Action: Why there is resistance (Book Summary)
- Understanding the Value Stream and Value Stream Mapping (Video and Text)
- Turning a Value Stream Map into a Kanban Board (Video)
- Systems Thinking, Explicit Workflow, and Agreements (Homework and Discussion)
- An Overview of Guardrails
- Guardrail 1: Work on the greatest business value
- Guardrail 2: Collaborate across boundaries
- Guardrail 3: Make all work visible
- Guardrail 4: Sustain or increase predictability
- Guardrail 5: Keep WIP within capacity
- Guardrail 6: Continuously improve
- The Team Agility Coach and the Guardrails (Homework and Discussion)
- The Value of Consistent Objectives Across Teams
- The Value of Consistent Objectives Across Teams (Homework and Discussion)
- Foundation: Team Agility is a subset of Business Agility
- Using Business Agility as a Guide to Working with Other Teams (Homework and Discussion)
- Realization, Not Just Development
- Kaizen and Retrospection (Homework and Discussion)
- No Matter How It Looks at First, It’s Always a People Problem
- How to Use a Framework and How to do Training for It
- Understanding Your Options
- Challenges You Are Facing
- Objectives-Based Practice Improvement of Scrum (Download)
- Using Scrum as Example to Fix Where You Are or Jump to Something that Works
- An Easy Way to Start
- Problems with Collaboration
- Common Challenges When Using Scrum
- Trim Tabs
- How to Improve and Change Practices (Homework and Discussion)
- The Dot Game (Download)
- The Clean Slate Exercise (Download)
- Useful Games and Exercises (Homework and Discussion)
- Fundamental Attribution Error
- Confirmation Bias
- Resistance Is Not to Change
- The Satir Change Model
- Understanding the Science of Coaching (Homework and Discussion)
- Retrospecting the Course (Sailboat Game Exercise)
All courses taught by industry thought leaders and published authors..
Learn at your own pace.
Learn by doing in your own context.
$49.00 / month
$49.00 / monthNet Objectives Community BundleAccess to popular courses and portal premium content at a convenient monthly subscription.
FreeAgile Product Management: EssentialsThe essential concepts required for managing Agile products.
$1,995.00Lean-Agile at Mid-Scale: FLEX EssentialsThe concepts you need to understand to successfully transform at the mid-scale.